A few matts here and there are to be expected from time to time, but every once in a while dog matts can get out of hand and it takes a professional to deal with them. We offer a relaxing, and most important, pain free de-matting grooming experience for your dog. If your precious puppy is severely matted, we can offer you our "shave down" service. By using our longest length blade we can penetrate the matts and bring your dogs coat back under control.
If you'd prefer no to go this route, another option is for you to comb out the matts, paying particular attention to the stomach, underarms and behind ears, before we arrive for your dog's mobile grooming. Just remember, it is more humane to cut down the coat and start all over again than to de-matt a heavily matted coat. To address future matting be sure to decrease the time between grooming appointments and/or choosing for a different coat style.
Do you have a dog that gets really nervous before grooming? Try these techniques to get your dog ready for its next grooming appointment.
The grooming service your dog will experience comes from our signature selection services . They include bathing, brushing, eyes, ears, facial, paws and pads. Your pet will enjoy:
- Bathing - all natural, biodegradable, cruelty-free shampoos; cream rinse conditioner included as needed. Specialty shampoos (oatmeal; hypoallergenic; silk protein, etc.) available -- or provide your own.
- Eyes & Ears gently cleaned - ear hair plucked upon request
- Hand Blow Drying & Brushing - no cage dryers ever.
- Feet & Paw Pads Neatened, Nails Trimmed - clip & file nails.
- Sanitary Area Trimmed - if needed.
- Flea Dipping - Upon request
- Anal Glands - expressed only by special request (external procedure)